SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Top 10 Emerging Influential Blog in 2007


Somebody named Pietrie left a message on this blog about this Top 10 Emerging Influential Blog. Sad to say we are confused. Don't get me wrong, but we're confused. We just hope nobody's making fun of our blog again.

We checked it out just now -- and our blog is on the list alright -- BUT WHO THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE WHO MENTIONED OUR BLOG? -- Amelia? Marcus? Chris? Some of them don't even have a name! We don't know you but if you are really who you say you are -- we are thankful. Trust me, we are thankful. But do you see any campaign here on this blog? None. Do we beg people to vote for us? No! -- we pay them. [yes you can raise your eyebrows as high as you can, honey]

The things we noticed: How come only blog authors can vote? Blogless people who come here and read everyday don't have a say? If you don't have a blog, you cannot vote? Something's fishy about that. Maybe that's why we see new blogs popping up every day just for the purpose of voting there? And what about those people who got more than 5 blogs? Yes! Check technorati...other's who voted are writing 3-5 blogs. And voting for themselves are ok? --Something's not adding up.

And have they tried to make the survey cover other continents too? Or the survey only covers a particular community? Almost all of the blogs listed there are Philippine blogs. Would they consider amending the survey title to "Top 10 Emerging Influential Filipino Blogs in 2007"? [just a thought - don't get upset].

Whoever mentions or mentioned our blog on that survey have to send us an email. We will send you $100 each (for the first 10 only). Leave your bank account number, beneficiary name, passport number and a temporary password to access your blog [to make sure it's your blog, honey]. We promise, we'll send it to you right away and we'll post your details here. Deal?

But since we posted this -- and considering the good intention of Ms. Toral's project, this blog hereby mention the MOST INFLUENTIAL PHILIPPINE BLOG there is -- the new royalty of Philippine Blogging:


Misterhubs

We call Europe, America and the whole of Southeast Asia to make this Philippine blog on top of that list. Here's the link to the instructions. Sofia has spoken.
--Sofia

21 Comments:

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

Hey! This is not what we talked about. We only agreed 100 dollars! What? You gonna pitch in the other hundred bucks? Ha!?

Make sure Misterhubs is at least on the Top 5. Don't give out too much, others will look stupid if MH gets 500 votes. Hahahaha!

Misterhubs said...

Thanks a million, Sofia & Pisanu. I couldn't get a better endorsement than this. :-)

Anonymous said...

RESOURCES MOBILIZED, MASTER.

Anonymous said...

The East is a bit reluctant. But they we will follow suit in 3 days.

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

Where the fuck is the North?!!!!!! Noooorrrrttthhhhh heeeellllllloooooo???!!!! Were are youuuu. Yoooohooo!

Sofia for BiSEAN said...

Do you know who they are babe? I approved their comments because...nothing. Who are they? Creepy bastards.

Janette Toral said...

Hello Sofia for BISEAN. For clarification, this is a writing project where bloggers can join and cite what they believe are the top 10 emerging blogs in 2007.

Anyone in the world can join this project. Any blog in the world can be cited. At this time, most of those who joined are from the Philippines.

As this is only a writing project, not an award, we did not put restrictions on self-blog citation.

However, we want to ensure that there's only one entry per blogger once we reach the raffle part on August 1.

Thank you for joining.

Anonymous said...

OK, I get it. Let's get this project known around the world, I'm not promising anything but it's worth the effort.

BISEAN and Misterhubs it is.

Anonymous said...

Ok babe, I amended the $200 to $100 only. Duh!

Sanne Dee said...

Am I stupid of what? I don't understand. Does it mean I have to write a post on my blog about which blog I think is most influential and then go to the link and leave a comment there to inform them?
81285

Unknown said...

Hey Pisanu and Sofia! I included your blog in my list which I made way back in JUNE (June 1st). But no, I'm not collecting any money from you! Hahaha. Just thought you guys were very influential to many people around the world so I made the nominations. Okay I'm getting too cheesy. And yes, of course, Misterhubs was on top of the list. :) Your friend Patrick's also in it. :) Here's the entry:
http://baklaako.myjournal.ph/2007/06/01/manila-girl/

khalel said...

Hahaha! You guys are really fun! Just reading the comments here made mah day!

Cheers to you guys! To river: I am proud, The G* Spot have you in the list.

Mister Hubs, all the luck! c",)

Cheers to the Great Bloggers of South East Asia!

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

@Sanne...post your choices list on your blog, then let Ms. Toral know about it by leaving a message on her blog so it would be officially counted. :-) We cannot mention you because ImSanne started before Aug 2006.

@AJ... why don't you want the money? Send us an email dude. Wait, *Sofia* -- are the entries last June counted?

@khalel...thanks dude. Your blog started before or after Aug 2006? Let's make a SEA 5 BLOC!

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

TO SOFIA, sorry I didn't come home for 2 days now. You can badmouth me all you want here. I'm guilty.

And about this Top 10 la-la-la...I heard about this long time ago, but I didn't mention it to the group. :-)

Amelia said...

Hello Sofia and Pisanu. This is Amelia. You may have not know me personally but the vote was a gesture of humulity.

Your blog is well designed, well-written and inspirational.

On this note, how do you define "influential"?

Anonymous said...

Hello Amelia. I guess you already recieved the $100 dollars by now. WE ACTUALLY PAID YOU TO TAKE DOWN YOUR POST OF THE 100 EMERGING WHATEVER.

DO IT NOW!

Sanne Dee said...

No Pisanu, I would have wanted to vote for Bisean if this was a 'real thing' going on. im still a little confused but nevermind now. AHHAHA! And I don't want to be voted for anything because i don't want strangers to hit my blog thru such a way. :)
82279

Unknown said...

@Pisanu
Because I don't need the money.

And I "nominated" your blog because I wanted to, because I believed in your blog and not for anything else.

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

@AJ...thanks dude. You're very kind. The money was Sofia's idea anyway.

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

@Sanne...same sentiments here. *sigh*

khalel said...

River, my blog started way back October 2004.

Yes, I agree with you, its High Time for South East Asian Blog Bloc.

Actually thinking to taking Hush and Listen into a new level and opening it to CO Authors.


Help me out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails