SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Friday, June 29, 2007

TALES FROM THE ORCHARD


We are staying at the Meritus Mandarin, which is located on Orchard Road. It's not the best of the best but still a good deal for SGD 360 a night (Executive floor) but no complaints --this hotel is closest to the action! And that is what we came here for! So shut up.

Speaking of Dhoby Ghaut Station on my earlier post– we met a new friend at a party last night at Zouk, her name is Abby she’s everything a local should be when hosting visitors how? – by giving us information we don’t need to know…

**we, getting off the Dhoby Ghaut station from Marina Bay, still deep down the tunnel***

“Did you know that this station used to be a cemetery?” Abby, in her charming Singaporean accent.

Nobody said a thing. Then maybe she thought we didn’t hear her – she said the same exact thing again – only louder.

“DID YOU KNOW THAT THIS STA..." I cut her off --“We heard you Abby, so shut up.” I said calmly. I guess she sensed that Sofia, Morgan and I are pussies.

By this time, we already found our Exit B to Plaza Singapura. Sofia needed more arms to carry her shopping bags – I won’t help her – I already have mine! Ha!

Abby, again, broke the silence…”AND Ngee Ann City…” she directed to Sofia “…used to be a cemetery too.”

“It’s okay; there are other LV outlets around Singapore, honey” Sofia keeping her cool, still struggling with her loots. I so need nicotine and caffeine by now.

We kept walking and THERE IT IS! The light of day just above the escalator …Ha! Abby and her cemetery stories, pffft! – I regained my ground, gathered my machismo and said;


“So Abby..." I teased her "...any more of those cemetery places around here?”

“Oh yes lah, Meritus Mandarin.”



(OMG!)

****


7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sorry but your new friend is an idiot.

73254

Anonymous said...

oh fokin hell! really? I usedto stay there too!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahaha! Hahahahahaha! Hahahahahaha! This is really funny! You guys are in real adventure arent you? lolrtf

Anonymous said...

I agree. A big OMG!!!!!!!!! But I guess everybody is so busy, even the spirits are confused where to go.

Anonymous said...

ninu-ninu-ninu-ninu-ninu-ninu-ninu-ninu-ninu...twilight zone? or the kwink-kwink-kwink-kwink soundtrack of psycho? LOL You got me there guys. dang!

Anonymous said...

The whole of Rome is built under grave yard over the centuries. So no big deal. But this made me laugh.

Anonymous said...

Haha it's so nice. Next time when you come to Singapore, tell me :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails