SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Monday, November 05, 2007

THE DAY IT SNOWED IN THAILAND

OK, I GIVE UP!!! I f**ken give up! After spending more than $200 on phone calls pestering my aunts, uncles, cousins and just about anybody related to me in Europe, America and Australia – I give up. None of them can help me. *Argh!* They are all useless!

Mother is nowhere to be found-- she must be somewhere in Monaco or San Marino spending on god-knows-what is useless too at this time. Why am I so agitated? Well, take a look…



(Left) This is a photograph of winter in Chiang Rai, Thailand in 1955. On that day, 8 January at 6pm after rain, small hail and ice flakes that looked like snow fell and made a white color on the ground. (Lower) This was taken on the next day 14 hours after the snow fell there was still snow on the ground. After 38 hours the snow melted.

Isn’t this awesome? It snowed in Thailand! Ha!

I found this somewhere on the net. Ok, ok! - at 2bangkok.com website – and I was soooo intrigued by it. I wanted to know more and I can’t wait to share it with you. Since mother and my relatives are useless this time, can anyone reading this *who actually have seen this weird occurrence* give me details please? NOW!


หากเมืองไทยมีหิมะมั้งก้อดีสินะ

****


Related post: Snow in Thailand? Again?!


You liked this post? - Subscribe to BISEAN.

14 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! You surprised me there! It happened in 1955? Uhm...I think there you won't have a reader that old to give you details. But who knows? Let's see. LOL

Anonymous said...

well, chiang rai and northern thailand used to be so cold. even laos is too cold in november and december. so this occurence is inevitable. hahahaha, i think the word inevitable is over acting hahahah.

TAO said...

My, my...look who is complaining about people being out of touch...yes, its like they fell off the face of the earth!

Maybe they have run off to go surfing, buy a condo, or find another wife....

Gee, sounds to me like leaving people in dark runs in the family!

Its not your fault Pisanu, its in your DNA....

Tao

Sanne Dee said...

Another day in Thai history learnt on Bisean!

The day that it would ever snow in Singapore, is the day when the world is coming to an end.

TAO said...

Sanne Dee...

From the perspective of an American..the world looks like its getting pretty close to the end...

The drought is causing cities to run out of water...Atlanta is down to about a 90 day supply....

Look out Singapore...

the boomerang kid said...

that's freaky! but isn't chiang rai in the northern part of thailand? it gets pretty cold up there during the winter months so that could explain this phenomenon. as for details, maybe you can try searching the archives of newspapers that might have carried stories of this rare event.

i remain in love with your blog. take care, guys!

mike

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

@ Bjarne...lets see whose still around. =)

@ Dao...hey! How are you? Long time no comment! Ha!

@ Carl...I think I'm gonna buy my own country and exile all my relatives there so it would be easier for me when I got questions. LOL. And btw, Singapore won't run out of water...they still have lots of money to buy it from Malaysia. =)

@ Sanne...sis, if we pray hard enough...it's gonna snow in Singapore. Hahahaha!

@ Mike...hey dude! Yeah, its usually cold in the north novermber to january. There are no other info about this except this newspaper cutoff that's why I need the help of my old relatives to tell me the story. =)

Anonymous said...

Haha yeah...plus Singapore processes urine and turn it into potable tap water..

with NEWater, they wont run out of water, in fact they can even stop buying from Malaysia when the current agreement ends.

Min Hee said...

AWWWW MAN......Why wasn't i there to experience it??!! (well duh, cuz that took place like 34 years before i was born)
Wish something like that would happen again. It sure would be nice for SEA to experience 4 seasons.

Unknown said...

Hey there, there were some cases of brief hail in the Philippines even until recently. But this was very quick occurences.

travelphilippines said...

my oh my..

Maximiliano said...

That s pure false !
It was hail ,not snow.
I have checked the temperature in Chiang Rai on Jan 1955 8th and it was 25C at day and 8C at night.
Not even in the top of the mountains it was cold enough to a singler flake of snow.

Pure false story...a normal hailstorm...

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

Maxi, in our region...anything that resembles a shaved ice is snow. I know thecnically it cant' be called a snow...but hey! We Southeast Asians are free to dream! =)

I'll post a photo here that would blow you mind. Check out 25 Dec post.

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

By the way dude! Thanks for the first comment, Maxi. It's always welcome and appreciated.

If BISEAN can be of help or assistance with your Humar Rights work...let us know.

Related Posts with Thumbnails