SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Saturday, April 14, 2007

Q&A: "What the heck do you do?"


Songkran is on full swing and I had enough of it just yet. I have to go out there again tomorrow and rage more water wars then that’s it. Time to prepare for my trip to the Philippines next week.



I just got 4 emails today from my blog readers. Hmmm…ok, things are rolling now and people are starting to notice me here. Yikes! Thanks guys – take that! The one thing that strikes me is these 4 emails have the same question. Hmmm…ok, is this some kind of a conspiracy or sumthin’?

These people wanted to know what type of work I do. Work? What I do? Wait, I have to pull out a huge thesaurus to see what that means….I’m back……Here it is: Work [n.] labor, employment, occupation, job…oooooh! A job! *gasp and frown instantly*

Wait…I need a dictionary for this one. Maybe it would help….wait here…..ok, I’m back again….work starts with a “w”…turning the pages….searching….here! W!....work…..work *madly browsing the pages*….here it is!... Work [n.] 1. Exertion or effort directed to produce or accomplish something; labor; toil. 2. Employment, as in some form of industry, esp. as a means of earning one's livelihood…..I have to stop here. It all sounds Greek to me.


Alright, seriously guys, I have to answer the question here... I’m sure a lot of you were wondering and wanted to ask me the same question. The truth of the matter is... “I DON’T WORK”. There! It’s all out. Take that!

I don’t work because I don’t have to. *lower those f*cken eyebrows please* It’s a choice, a privilege. It’s not a duty and it is not a social responsibility either. I never held a job in my whole life. Welcome to the real world guys. Some people just “don’t have to" work.

I’m a free spirit. I do what I want to do and go where I want to go. As simple as that. And I cannot do all these simple things if I’m holding a position in a company. Much worse, they will most likely put me in an office for full 8 hours, make me do things I don't wanna do and that would make me fucken crazy!!!!!!!!!!


I know the next question in your head…where do you get your money? And a most apt follow up question: "how do you support yourself?" Well…life is good to me. That’s all I can say.


Thank you guys for the emails and questions. Y’all come back y’hear?!!!



Oh! And by the way, this....is my office.

The whole world is my playground.



Take that!



****


9 Comments:

Anonymous said...

um, send me money?

Anonymous said...

Yeah dude. Your car says it all. Hey drop by Narcissus on Friday. I'll send you the invitation.

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

Who's that asking for money? Email me.

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

@Tommy

Dude, me going to surf in the Philippines next weekend. Can't make it to the pary I'm afraid. But send me the invite antway, I'll give it to a gorgeous babe to attend on my behalf. How's Sofia?

Anonymous said...

Fuckeeennn out! Now ur tellin the world ur one lazy pig who got lots of dough! LOL. Hej, see u at the airport. Cloud 9 here we cum! I think we should warn the Philippines tha' we're goina drink all the beers in their country. Yawzzzzzzaaaaaa! Morgan out.

Jerick said...

i thought i didn't have to work at all and just be owning a company until may of last year. but that wasn't it. i would have become a serious backpacker somewhere in kenya.

Jerick said...

let me add though, i guess i'd still be working even if things didn't change.
i guess i'm just addicted with working and making my own money with my own efforts.
it's also a choice. but for me though, it's an obligation and responsibility to toil hard and labor.

Brent a.k.a. yourkidatheart said...

Reminds me of a book lent to me by my friend and ex which I never returned. Ever heard of The Drifters by James Michener? It's set during the hippie era and they all have financial benefactors, giving them the privilage to travel all around Europe and parts of Africa. ^_^

Anonymous said...

You go anonymous! Yeah, that's right, share the blessings. Need some money too and tons of grocery items coz I have nothing to eat already. Oh and I need some work too. 3,000 american dollars is enough for a salary. ^_^

Related Posts with Thumbnails