SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Thursday, April 26, 2007

ROAD TO CLOUD 9: Butuan City



Woulda, coulda, shoulda.



It is a very sad day today.
The group decided to abort the quest for paradise. If you have been following our trip on this blog; you know that we have come this far. We have seen so many things on this beautiful island of Mindanao on our way to paradise. But some things are not meant to happen no matter what…

Farah, Chris and Morgan took a flight to Manila earlier today. They would fly back to Bangkok tomorrow. Now it’s just me, Tommy and Michael who decided to stay a night or two here in Butuan City. I feel bad. I feel I turned them down since I’m the mastermind of this trip. We should’ve taken the short cut. We should’ve made travel arrangements. We should’ve planned it better. We shouldn’t have to be this bold to travel on our own to places we never been.

Tommy and Michael are in their room now. They wouldn’t talk much after what happened on the way here from Camiguin Island. They refuse to go out of the hotel and I can't blame them. So many things that we should’ve done to avoid troubles but we were too care free.

This city would be the 2nd to the last stop before we reach paradise – Siargao Island. And I don’t know if Tommy and Michael would still come with me to continue the quest. I wish they would speak to me. They are obviously very shaken.


I can almost see the big waves of Cloud 9 coming right at me. Looking right through it… all muscles relaxed… perfect body alignment… full concentration… ready to stand on the board and ride that perfect wave. I can see it coming now…I’m gonna have the surf of my life…


But for now, I just have to keep on dreaming...
****

Special thanks to Sofia for posting the Perfect Specimen Series. Thank you Sofia, I’ll see you soon babe. And thanks also to T-Boy for listening even it’s just through email.

Shall I continue on my own?


****


11 Comments:

Anonymous said...

it's nothing honey. come home now and don't be a stubborn little boy. you listen to us come back to bangkok now!

Misterhubs said...

Awww. At least, there's something to look forward to the next time you come to the Philippines.

Anonymous said...

what the hell? you're already there! go on your own. your friends are all pussies! and i mean it! what happened there in the philippines? you didn't say anything about it. WHAT HAPPENED? why was everybody shaken? details! i want details!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Wat gebeurde daar? Uw verplichting om ons te laten het weten. Wij hebben uw reis gevolgd! What happened???

Ik vertelde u niet om naar dat land te gaan. Het is daar niet zeer veilig in. Ik wil weten wat gelieve te gebeuren.

Anonymous said...

you're past half-way there.. why stop?! go!! move your ass to Siargao.. it'll be worth it, i tell you!!

Anonymous said...

I think something serious happened. What was it? Shit man, don't do this to us. What happened?

What trouble? Who gave you trouble? Let the world know about it. That is what blogs are for. Can your conscience take it if somebody else ran into the same trouble?

Tell us about it so we know what to advise you. C'mon River.

Riki The Dark said...

Oh man, this looks serious...even if you haven't given details about your group's experience. I hope everyone's alright...

Paradise isn't moving anywhere, you can always come back with your friends in a much better time. I'm sure the experience showed many valuable lessons in travel and safety, and you can share them with us when you have recovered and put the bad experience behind you.

=)

Anonymous said...

Hey I was reading some of the stories of your quest. Hey River where you able to go to Siargao? I my self have bin there many times in the past even on my own I met up some realy good people there its so safe there and man its paradise on earth. I am thinking of going back there soon. Oh by the way my name is Alec I am based on the Island Mindanao. Let me know when ever you guys planning again a trip to explore Mindanao I have lived here already since childhood. I am based in Davao and Manila at the moment. Anyways I just wanted to share that its awsome that there are individuals around that are interested in the Philippines dispite the bad reputation. Hey River realy admire your drive to reach your goal. Be safe and if ever you need some local help just give a buzz.What exactly have you experience that was that bad? Take care

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

Oh Alec dude! We have just been there a few days ago. One big sweeping tour of Mindanao and we finished it off at El Nido. We've been to Cagayan de ORo, Velencia, Davao, Zamboanga and a couple of towns. It was great!

Thanks for the first comment and we'd like you to know its always welcome and appreciated.

What happened on our Cloud 9 Quest? -- we made a promise to a couple of governors not to mention it ever. And we even got a letter from the Palace in Manila, asking us not highlight it. =)

Anonymous said...

@ Goo is that Dutch?

Ok Pisanu, I respect your privacy

Anonymous said...

whatever happened there, it sure is intriguing.

too bad. i hope you guys eventually get over it and try visiting Siargao some other time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails