SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Thursday, August 09, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE!
สุขสิงคโปร์ สันต์วันเกิดนะครับ







They have shown us it can be done. They have proven us that a little tropical island can attain world-class status. They have shown us what discipline is all about. They have given us a new meaning to shopping, how an airport should look like, how to cook our crabs properly. And most importantly… how to PARTYYYYY!!!

Singapore’s 42nd Year of Independence is one heck of a colossal party – parades, spectacular air shows, concerts, waterfest, sportsfest, *gum chewing contest?*, fireworks and all!

The 2007 National Day Parade will be held later today at Marina Bay. This is one of Asia’s most spectacular events and I am kicking my sorry ass because I am not there to see it. *sigh*

I so would like to jump around, chili crab on one hand, singing “There’s No Place I’d Rather Be” waving the Singapore flag and be like a real Singaporean just for a day. *Wooohooooo!* I LOVE SINGAPORE!




Happy Independence Day to all our brothers, sisters and friends in Singapore!


10,000 Years to the Lion City!


****

13 Comments:

JustinG said...

Happy Singapore National Day!

Gum-chewing contest? Interesting.

Anonymous said...

You promised to come here today! Where are you? Thank you for the greetings -- I'll let the whole Singapore know. Hahaha!

Sanne Dee said...

Love the header! Thanks for loving us! *touched ;)I am finally able to watch the parade this year albeit on the tele.

Sanne Dee said...

Singapore's hosting the office for ASEAN SEC this year eh? Will the Biseaners get to travel to SGP often then? ;)

Anonymous said...

River won't stop bugging me until I leave a message on this post and greet Singapore a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! So here.

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha! You too Bjarne? My YM keeps popping with his messages to leave a comment especially on this post.

"Gratulerer med dagen Singapore from Norway!"

Anonymous said...

OMG! Cant's this wait till tomorrow River? It's midnight in Singapore and everone's sleeping. Do I really have to leave a comment now?

Ok! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPORE! Happy now? Gosh!

Anonymous said...

Som owie nek mein aryouk yrinyu Singapore. Cambodia loves you!

Anonymous said...

新加坡 生日快乐!I hope I wrote it right.

travelphilippines said...

how to register for the gum chewing contest? im interested? heheheh "HAPPY BIRTHDAY SINGAPURA"

conan_cat said...

whoa! happy bday singapore!! :D if you have tv or something i guess mayb you can watch the show live too i guess... i wanna go singapore too!! argh!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Independence Day, Brothers. And oh yes, Sisters. HeHe.

Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa said...

Nice travel, i hope like that :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails