SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Friday, July 06, 2007

SE ASIA and the NEW 7 Wonders of the World

*start of rant* I'm so pissed! I AM SO PISSED! The voting for the New 7 Wonders of the World will end in less than 10 hours from now and Southeast Asia’s ONLY entry is still not in the Top 7!!! Holy crap!

Do you know the importance of THAT poll? – we will be in history books, coffee books, magazines, and we will be the talk of the town for a thousand years! The Angkor Wat is our chance! We didn’t do anything at all? *deep sigh*

What in the world were we thinking? There will be recount? Huh?!! Or a voting extension?!! Whadda?!! A population 568 million Southeast Asians and we didn’t even try? Even if half of us voted – others won’t stand a chance with an overall of 90 million who voted! WHAT IN THE WORLD WERE WE THINKING?!!!

BUT HELLO! When it’s the f**ken Miss Universe or Miss World WE VOTE LIKE HELL! What kind of people are we? HUH? *end of rant*



Whoever is reading this who owns a blog, please, please please post this NOW and let everybody know about it. We got less than 10 hours. So please, make OUR REGION proud.

(Or if you don't own a blog, please take it from here.)

Vote online here: http://www.new7wonders.com/index.php?id=315&L=0all you need is an email address to register! You get 7 votes and use it all for Angkor.


Vote by phone: Call +44 870 062 3748 (UK) Your calls will be charged at normal international call rates. During the call, you can vote for two of the 21 final New7Wonders candidates. The Angkor Code is 03. Phone voting will only take 30 seconds!


Vote by SMS:
Southeast Asians in the U.S. especially the Filipinos and the Vietnamese (who luuuuv SMS), please, please, please. Send ANGKOR to 9444.


Announcement will be tomorrow in Portugal! Please hurry.
Do it for Southeast Asia.

Take part of making history.


****


The 20 Contenders

35 Comments:

Anonymous said...

the BANAUE RICE TERRACES should have been a nominated... i think.

Anonymous said...

para sa yo pisanu, boboto ako!

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

Dr. Mark said: "For you Pisanu, I will vote."

Yippppeeeeee! It's actually for us. Our region. I think I already spent more than 200 dollars on overseas call using my roaming phone! *sigh*

See? The importance of being informed! If the Filipinos knew or promoted this when it started in 1999, the Banaue is way up there. But hey! Angkor made it to the finals...and our heritage is at stake.

Thanks Dr. Mark!

Misterhubs said...

I hear you. My campaign is up. Hope it's not too late.

Anonymous said...

Malaysia calling.

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

OH MY GOD!!! 12,000 BLOGS POSTED THIS AT THIS TIME!!!!
OH THIS IS BIG!!!!

Anonymous said...

New York acknowledged.

Anonymous said...

Sweden hears you my friend.

Anonymous said...

Singapore reporting.

Why didn't we hear about this before? Maybe we werent paying much attention. It's so us! Moving our arses on dealines!

We voted by phone (15 of us)!

Anonymous said...

Thank you Pisanu and Sofia and EVEYBODY!

I'm from Cambodia and thank you for your thought. Our country as you know is one of the poorest. We dont have the resources to do campaigns like Jordan or France or India did.

Let me speak in behalf of the Khmer people. THANK YOU.

Anonymous said...

Angkor is Southeast Asia. I don't mind pulling a call or 2 for this good cause. Way to go bisean!

Anonymous said...

I sent SMS to my friends here in Milan. We cannot vote by SMS bacause its only in America. My friends are all moving online.

Anonymous said...

Tokyo heard your call.

Anonymous said...

Done!

Anonymous said...

Angkor. Angkor. Angkor. Why didn't you call earlier? We will do our best. Netherlands here.

Anonymous said...

Oh my! I voted long ago. But for the Taj Mahal and the Eiffel. Anyways, since its your call BISEAN, I will re-vote.

Anonymous said...

I have seen the Angkor and its worthy to be called one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Voted. UK calling.

Anonymous said...

Voted 10 times! 5 online, 5 phone in. New York in da haus!

Anonymous said...

I hope it's not too late. The voting website is jammed! I guess too many voters on the last hours! But lets keep trying.

Anonymous said...

Hmm. Mostly Europeans and Americans answering your call! Where are the Indonesians? They got more people than any country around our region! Philippines and Vietnam...Cambodia and the whole of Southeast Asia needs you.

Anonymous said...

I cant wait for the results! Please let us know tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Is this exciting or what? Count me in!!!!!

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

6 hours to go... Xiaxue, Bryanboy, Jeff Ooi...please?

Anonymous said...

OMG! I hope Angkor makes it!

Anonymous said...

Hip hip hooray! Thanks for this. I did some voting. It was hard to get in the site. But a little patience with a good cause like this.

Anonymous said...

Done!

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

THE VOTING IS ALMOST CLOSED. 1 HOUR TO GO AND I STILL HAVEN'T SLEPT YET. I KEPT DIALING TILL JUST A MINUTE AGO.

THANK YOU EVERYBODY. NOW THE WAITING STARTS.

Sanne Dee said...

I hope I wasn't too late when I voted it at 0300? *Fingers crossed for S.E.A.
78754

Brent a.k.a. yourkidatheart said...

No wonder... It's January 15, 2008 here and it's just now that I learned why there's no SE Asian entry for the "new" 7 Wonders of the World. It's just now that I learned that there is such a thing as voting for this! What was the local (Philippine) media thinking?!?! Or perhaps they were not thinking at all.

Unknown said...

Thanks for voting. I, myself, also voted for Angkor. But we won't win.

I'm from Cambodia, one of the Khmer's descendant, and happy to see your support. Anyway, Angkor Wat is still remained as the old world's 7th wonder. Please come and visit.

"The door of history of a lost world is waiting for you."

Term papers said...

Very Interesting blog
i like topic
good work.

College Term Papers said...

Glad to see you get this up and running. I remember the early concept phase and thought it was great. I really like the site design! I bookmarked it under inspiration.

Psychology essay paper said...

Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

Psychology Essay Paper said...

See ASIA and the NEW 7 Wonders of the World, and I think this is really nice one to get know about, such information is really nice to get know about, and it is good to have such for reading.

Study Agent said...

This is truly a great read for me. I have bookmarked it and I am looking forward to reading new articles. Keep up the good work

Related Posts with Thumbnails