This classic Thai dish is both simple and delicious with the ginger complimenting the chicken to perfection -- A healthy combination of ginger, mushrooms and protein.
Please also note that that this is more “to taste”, where you can add or lessen spice, sweetness or saltiness. Nevertheless, this is an easy-to-cook dish that would surprise your friends on their next visit.
Here’s the recipe…
Preparation Time 15 mins
Cooking Time 20 mins
6 boneless chicken breasts, chop into small pieces
4 ginger (1 inch), sliced to pieces like "matchsticks"
Few pieces fresh shiitake mushrooms and mouse-ear mushrooms
4 stalks of Chinese cabbage
1 red bell pepper, de-seeded and sliced
1 medium onion, cut to quarter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1-2 red chilies, minced
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. fish sauce
1 tsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. rice vinegar (or other type of vinegar)
Cornstarch dissolved in ½ cup water
2-3 Tbsp. oil for stir-frying
1. Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat.
2. When oil is hot, add the onion, garlic, chilies, mushrooms, chicken and stir fry for a full minute.
3. Add the ginger matchsticks, soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar and vinegar. Stir-fry for 5-10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked.
4. Add Chinese cabbage, bell pepper and the grated ginger. Stir-fry for another 3 minutes, or until Chinese cabbage is cooked. Add a little water as needed to keep ingredients frying nicely.
5. Finally, add the cornstarch dissolved in water and soy sauce, stirring quickly to dissolve in the sauce. When the sauce is thick, remove from the heat.
6. Slide onto a serving platter immediately. Serve with jasmine rice.
You liked this post? - Subscribe to BISEAN.