SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

WHASSUP SPECIAL: The Great Songkran Festival








It's time for the countdown of the THAI NEW YEAR (สงกรานต์) ! And everyone's fucken excited including me, me, me!!! This is the day (actually days) that all of us Thais are waiting for and our most awesome memories happen on Songkran. This is fun, fun, fun, guaranteed!

If any of you haven't experienced it yet or even "know" what Songkran is all about...here, watch this video because I'm lazy typing already....it's in English, don't worry:




And as any self-respecting Thai, I have made my preparations...

My water gun....

My Thai batik shirt specially for the Songkran....
Cooling powder to smudge on everybody's face....
My tho...!!! Huh? How did this get here?...
My Billabong board shorts to impress the babes and dudes...

And a couple of Stellas, of course!


THERE! I'm ready! Foreigners won't call it the World's Biggest Water Fight for nothing! Take that!


SO LET THE FIGHTS BEGIN!!!!! LOL.




Come to Thailand! You still have 3 days to book your flight! It all starts on the 13th through the 15th of April. Come, come, come!


สวัสดีปีใหม่

(Sawasdee Pi Mai - Happy New Year!)



****


6 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really glad you have a blog like this for someone like me who have not been anywhere in Southeast Asia (shame on me) but been to every nook of Eastern, Western Europe and the Americas.

Really nice! I am putting you on my blogroll!

Anonymous said...

OH MY FU***** GOD! Why did you post this just now? How in the world am I going to get a flight within 72 hours? Don't you know it going to be expensive? I wanna wanna wanna wanna wanna come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate you, you selfish cow! You will have all the fun and me stuck here in god damn Siberia.

Anonymous said...

This is the biggest party in SE Asia hnds down! My first time was in 2003 then I came back just for this in 2004,2005 and 2006. Too bad I can't come this year. But this is highly frigging recommendable if you wanna party. This is huge!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'll go next year. It's too late to plan for this now. Have fun! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy nrw year to you there in Thailand from us here in Japan.

Anonymous said...

This look so fun! I wish I could go. Wish wish wish wish wish.

Related Posts with Thumbnails