Travel + Leisure, the world’s number one travel magazine and leisure pulse, recently released their annual “World’s Bests” List. The most awaited of course, is the List of the Best Hotels in the World.
Derived from the Top 50 Hotels in Asia and the Top 100 Hotels in the World, only 10 hotels in Southeast Asia made it on the lists:
1. Oriental Bangkok, Thailand (World: No.3 / Asia: No.2). The legendary and one of the world’s most luxurious hotel, the Oriental Bangkok has been the favorite of royalties, dignitaries and distinguished travelers since 1879. Located on the banks of the majestic Chao Phraya River, this prestigious hotel has 393 guest rooms and suites.
2. The Peninsula Bangkok, Thailand (World: 12 / Asia: 5)
3. Four Season’s Resort Chiang Mai, Thailand (World: 19 / Asia: 6)
4. Ritz Carlton Millenia, Singapore (World: 33 / Asia: 7)
5. The Strand Yangon, Burma (World: 34 / Asia: 8)
6. Raffles Hotel, Singapore (World: 40 / Asia: 10)
7. Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok, Thailand (World: 46 / Asia: 11)
8. Fullerton, Singapore (World: 77 / Asia: 13)
9. Shangri La Bangkok, Thailand (World: 89 / Asia: 17)