SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

THREE THUMBS UP!: Singapore's BYOBD








BYOBD means "Bring Your Own Bag Day". Isn't it cool? Sweet!




I did some bloghopping last night and I came accross this cute little blog from Singapore authored by two lovebirds called Aidil & Shaz. One particular entry got my attention. This is about Singapore's Bring Your Own Bag day where you go out to market and put everything in your own bag --obviously!*lol* This is cool!

What I mean is, it's a very smart and novel way to campaign for recycling and all! Just imagine how much plastic bags are we going to save if we bring our own bag? Now, why didn't I think of that?-- I'm going to talk to the Minister first thing tomorrow morning! This could be my chance to be fucken famous! LOL.


This was Singapore's response to Earth Day last April 18...Earth Day??? Now, where was I on April 18? Oh shoots! I was blogging!

As stated in the green bag... Singaporeans will bring their own shopping bags every 1st Wednesday of the month. Why not do it "every" Wednesday? In fact, why not everyday? They can do it once a month, they can do it everyday. I'm sure they can manage. Just a thought.


Calling the attention of Mr. Kasem Sanitwong Na Ayutthaya (Thai Minister of Natural Resources and Environment), I'm sure the Singaporeans wouldn't mind if we do a little version of ours of this great, great idea!

And to all my readers in other SE Asian countries, you know what to do. Don't you think it should start somewhere? Like your blog! Just don't forget to thank Aidil & Shaz for the input (just don't bug them so much because they are still in school, ok?) and give due credit to our neighbor Singapore!


Three thumbs up for Singapore's "Bring Your Own Bag Day"!

(Where I got the third "thumb" is up to your imagination. LOL)



****

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

Thanks so much for pimping our blog!! That was extremely big of you! Yes, we should really really do our part to save the earth for our future grandchildren!

Rgds,
Aidil

Anonymous said...

This is great! We should also have this in Indonesia! Great stuff!

Related Posts with Thumbnails