SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Saturday, March 31, 2007

"YOU'RE REJECTED!"

Blogging about 11 countries in Southeast Asia is no easy task. I have to keep up with what's happening in all these countries. Everything worth mentioning. I've been a nomad for 12 years now. Living in each country for more than a year and if I really really like the place, I stay for more than 2 years.

I wanted to blog. Maybe somebody out there (with our 5 billion+ population) would wanna know about this paradise I optly called Southeast Asia. This brings me straight to a predicament. WHERE WOULD I LIST MY BLOG?

I made a couple of linkings to some blog listings in our region. Malaysian blog listings has been by far the most accomodating. Indonesia, with it's single blog listing, is still pending my application. Thai blog listings are annoyingly disorganized. No bloggers in Laos, Myanmar, Brunei and the rest. Two (2) Philippine listings nodded yes to me and I'm climbing the charts ever since.

Since I started blogging (it's my 3rd day today) 45% of my hits come from the Philippines. This is something I cannot explain. Maybe because they have more spare time in front of the computer? Nope, I don't think that's the case. Maybe they are more Internet savvy (?)...maybe.

Now I'm ranting about the first Philippine Gay Blog listing... I submitted my blog to the suggestion of one of my readers. I thought it's cool, so I did. WELL?...I just got an email from the webmaster rejecting my application. The guy was civil and polite though. But the main message is "you're rejected" although he didn't write those words. :-)

Why would a Philippine "gay" blog listing reject my blog when other Philippine "non-gay" blog listing let me in? Maybe I'm over reacting but hey! This is the same exact issue that we LGTB / PLU people have been fighting for for the last 3 decades. DISCRIMINATION. Is there discrimination among us?

Don't they wanna list BISEXUAL blogs or they don't wanna list non-Filipino? Well, it's obviously the latter. Shall I wish I'm a Filipino? -- So, case closed. Even though other "non-gay" Philippine blog listing listed me...their exclusively Filipino gay blog listing REFUSED to let me in.

Nevertheless, my main readers are in the Philippines and I'm very grateful to them. I rest my case.Thank you very much.




****


17 Comments:

Misterhubs said...

Don't worry. At the end of the day, good content (not blog listings) will drive traffic to your blog. Just keep doing a good job.

Anonymous said...

lol. you sound like a little kid who's been refused candies! you're so adorable --pun intended. lol. keep posting stuffs and we promise to keep coming.

Anonymous said...

OOOPS! WAS THAT ME UR REFERRING TO THERE? THE ONE WHO TOLD YOU ABOUT THAT BLOG LISTING? I'M SO SORRY RIVS. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE COOL AND WOULD MAKE YOUR BLOG REACH MORE READERS. DON'T U WORRY HONEY. ONE OF THIS DAYS, THEY WILL BE THE ONE TO APPROACH YOUR BLOG TO BE LISTED THERE. I PROMISE.

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

Thanks misterhubs. Part of my hits came from your blog. You the first and "only" blog to blog link I have. Maybe that's why I got so many hits from Philippines.

Eddie and Bjarne...where are you really? How do you come to my blog? Through a listing or staight here? Why do I only have so few hits from Singapore and Norway?

Anonymous said...

Filipino people are very friendly, considerate and hospitable so I have no idea why they rejected your request. Anyway, I am from the Philippines and I read your blog...(saw the link from Patrick's blog) and eversince then, I'm really enjoying. You're such a clever human being. =)ever been here btw?

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

"Salamat" Nica for dropping by. Nah, it's just a ranting. That's how I felt when I got that email but it's ok.

Yeha, I've been to the Philippines. I live there for 2 years, that was 8 years ago. And!!!!!! I'm going back there to surf in Cloud 9, Siargao Island in April!!!!

Thanks for swingin' by and y'all come back again, y'hear? :-)

Kit said...

hey don't worry too much about listings. your blog does have great content and soon enough readers will come. i added a link in one of my posts. haven't a clue if that helped. will try and do more. why? i think your blog has something great to offer.

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

AHA!!! KIT! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! So you're the silent link that I have?! Thanks for featuring my blog even though it's just 3 days old last Sunday (25Mar). Sheshe nee!

Kit said...

i live to serve. plus you look so cute in your pic. hahaha.

Misterhubs said...

You're welcome. I always look forward to your posts.

Anonymous said...

Walang Anuman =) wow 8 years ago... thats too long! But yea, ur coming back this April and Im pretty sure its gonna be fun. I read somewhere here that you have a myspace, right? Maybe we can add eachother coz I dont blog here =(

Riki The Dark said...

Hello [R][I][V][E][R], just wanna let you know that I'm also another one of the many Filipino gay bloggers who are enjoying your blog. I agree with what others have posted here, you have a great blog and you have your own way of taking on the topics you have blogged about. Being an entertaining blog with good content is more important than having so many blog listings, and your blog is a great read. I've linked up your blog as well, keep up the good work and the hits will keep on coming! =)

Anonymous said...

why would you want to list your blog in a gay blog list? they never like us bi's. they think we're tryin to hide our true sexuality. which of course is not true. we let them as they are and they should let us as we are. why hardcore gays never liked us? i'm really goofed out!!!!!!!!!!! i don't understand.

Anonymous said...

a very interesting blog. :) i'm so sorry to hear about the rejection. And yeah, I think the reason for that was that 1) you're not Filipino 2)youre not plain gay ( Not sure about the bisexuality though coz i personally find it hot! lol). - both of which are indicated in the "requirements".

all the same, imma put you up on my links list :) (not that it would drive more traffic to your blog) lol. cheers!

AJ
http://baklaako.myjournal.ph

Ken said...

I just discovered you today (I was searching for San Miguel Beer!) - your site is terrific. I am listing it at filipinolinks.com as one of the best sites for September 2007.

Anonymous said...

Hello Pisanu:

I've been a reader of this blog (I bookmarked it) for a while now, and I thoroughly enjoy it! So 45% of your readers are from the Philippines huh? Maybe its because you write in English? Anyway, i'm sorry to read about the refusal though.

Anyhow, i'm commenting here to say that i'll post a link to this blog on my page, perhaps some more of my countrymen can discover your writings through me too. Cheers, and more power!

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

@ Carlos...hello dude! Wow, thanks for leaving a comment. You're in Boracay! I checked your blog. Cool! Come by here often, we appreciate your link. =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails