SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

PERFECT SPECIMEN: Ananda Everingham | อนันดา เอเวอริ่งแฮม








Born of true love.




Ananda Matthew Everingham is a Lao-Australian actor who made it big in the Thai film industry. You may recognize him from his role in the 2004 Asia-wide film phenomenon "Shutter". He was born in Thailand on 31 May 1982 and attended school in Bangkok and Australia.

If you have seen the 1983 NBC Telly movie "Love Is Forever" about an Australian photojournalist who swam the great Mekong River to rescue the Lao woman he loves --here he is, the fruit of an eternal love between a man and a woman. It was in 1977 when America ruthlessly bombed Laos just for the heck of it.

More pics of Ananda...







Ananda recently starred in 4 movies this year including the controversial "Me...Myself" about a man who had amnesia and thought he was gay -- or something like that. The movie created a stir in the gay community claiming that the movie gives misleading notions about being gay and didn't give justice to gay life in "reality". --yeah whatever.

Ananda has become one of our region's superstars -- he'll do more movies in the future that will go beyond the borders of Southeast Asia.

****

13 Comments:

Sanne Dee said...

Wooooooo! Hot stuff!!

He was in Singapore once and my friend was sitting beside him drinking together! Nice bloke, he says.

Riki The Dark said...

I had a huge crush on Ananda simply because he looked like one of the many resident office hunks where I work! I loved "Shutter"...very scary!

Anonymous said...

What they were protesting about was that in the film, his character is in an accident, gets hit on the head and loses his memory, forgetting he was gay. He falls for a woman. The protestors say you cannot forget your nature as it's in your genes. Ian

Sanne Dee said...

Yeah 'shutter'... Especially the end bit when he realised why he has been so heavy! Shall not kill the plot here for those who haven't watched it. :)

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

Oh Sanne! You must've liked him a lot eh? Two comments from you!Lovely!

Riki! Long time no hear! How have you been? You know what?--I seldom drop by your blog these past days because it always hang my computer. It takes soooo long to download! Do you get other response like mine? :-)

Ian, thanks for the input. I haven't seen the movie yet. :-)

Sanne Dee said...

Well, make it 3 comments now. I don't sit on your blogroll for nothing! Hehheh! :D


70211

Riki The Dark said...

No, not really, we have a very Jurassic PC at the office but even my blog loads with no problem there but I'll look it up. Thanks! =)

Anonymous said...

I saw him once in Suan Lum Night Bazaar, oh gosh he's so tall and lean. Fit arms, fit torso, slim waist, long legs...and I guess he got a "big heart" too!!!!!!!!

bf said...

Ananda's hot and a great actor too! He acted in 303 Fear/Faith/Revenge in 1998. he was just 16 then - cute!

Anonymous said...

Não tem nenhuma brasileira aqui?
Eu amo o Ananda!

Anonymous said...

I just saw him just now! He is kinda hot

Anonymous said...

he's really cute...hot!!!super!!!hehehe...i love him!!!great acting too especially in the movie "me..myself"...hope i could meet him... i heard he'll be doing a movie here in the philippines..hope i could see him in person...i love u ananda

Anonymous said...

I watched one of his movies not so long ago and I heard some not so nice comments bout him from the audiences regarding him as a Eurasian, I got angry and I almost kicked that person but I realise that I could not do that cos they are in a group and I am alone. ARGH

Related Posts with Thumbnails