SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Sunday, October 07, 2007

OUR CULINARY GEMS:
Do you have a recipe to share?

If you are proud of your local dishes and wanted the world to know about it -- now is the chance! Give it in and we’ll feature you too! Share the recipe and let our ASEAN brothers try it this weekend.

OH C’MON! You must have one! BISEAN used to have a section about food and recipes of our great region. But because it wasn’t going anywhere and we (the authors) can’t even fry an egg, we kinda lost it. We only featured 2 recipes in the past 6 months!

WHAT TO SUBMIT: I think I don’t have to tell you that the recipes must be distinctly Southeast Asian – and no, Carbonara isn’t one of ‘em, for christssake! And the “Recipe for Good Relationship” and alike will be rejected without mercy. Ha! Food recipe, people! G L O R I O U S F O O D !


Send it in!

bisean [at] gmail [dot] com




*For Ryan, Woody, Hanz, Diwata, Aidil & Shaz, Jessekuma, Markymd, Fa, Kit, Misterhubs, Gorjess, Elaine, Reyville, Q the Conqueror, Khalel, Mongkol, Sanne & Manami.

****

13 Comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! I will! Hmmm... Did you know that a former Filipino ambassador to the US (Norberto Romualdez ??) was known in the diplomatic circles in Washington for his adobo diplomacy. The Filipino ambassador would invite other diplomats for some nice adobo dinner. ;)

Qtheconqueror said...

Why do I have this feeling that you're going to be flooded with recipes for Adobo and Kare-kare?

I'll try to get you recipes for the more exotic dishes, especially those from Mindanao (and I'll prolly have to raid mom's recipe book for that). But I'm gonna arrive back home next week, so this is gonna have to wait til then :)

Anonymous said...

food, food...

we have lots of exotic food, a fusion of traditional and modern like 'adobong tugak', 'kamaru', fern salad.

you give me another reason to visit this blog. kudos!

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

@ Q...you got it right dude! My gosh! You are right! LOL

@ eyron...give us like a recipe that not too many people are familiar with. I think it's best. Because people likes to try something new, right?

@ Ryan...anything a little harder to prepare than adobo?

Unknown said...

I would die for a kare-kare right now.

What about Sizzling Sisig of Pampanga? Laing of bicol? Dinuguan!!! and maybe Sinigang na Corned Beef ala Sentro?

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

@ Ryan...we had that Sinigang Corned Beef in Cagayan de Oro City's Laguna Cafe! I didn't know conrned beef can be soup! It was really tasty.

Morgan H. said...

people on this comment section, do you know that pisanu loathes pork? he won't eat it and i think he will not feature dishes with pork.

*morgan for bisean*

Anonymous said...

Nice project. Yes, if people are asking for it, then they should contribute. Me also.

Qtheconqueror said...

@morgan - I think Sofia did mention that earlier :) Hehe. Damn. We Filipinos love our piggies, oh well, this'll have to be a challenge then.

Sanne Dee said...

Hey can I suggest a dish and someone else's recipe because I can't cook the dish no matter how I try!

Unknown said...

@ pisanu. Never heard of that as well until I heard of it from people who dined at Sentro (2F, Greenbelt).. tried it out and it wasnt bad. :) I think Sinigang/Tamarind Soups are very Southeast Asian. Dont you think?

Pisanu for BISEAN said...

@ Ryan...yeah Tamarind is a very SE Asian taste. Most Cambodian dishes are with Tamarind!

Unknown said...

True. :) We have local versions of the tamarind candies in Thailand. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails