SOUTHEAST ASIAN BLOGGERS NETWORK

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

LEAVE IT TO THE POLITICIANS...

I got exactly 21 emails of the same subject. And I don't know what to do with it. One reader sent me the same email 4 times "demanding" I should react on the matter and post it on my blog.

What is it about?

It's about that ancient Hindu temple on top of a hill sitting between the Thai and Cambodian border.

Honestly, I never heard of that temple until a week ago. If not because of the high media coverage -- over reacting, as usual.

They reported the incidence as a "war sign". It wasn't as bad as the world media were trying to project. Trust me.

As if the world needs another war. Shame on those "sensationalizing" media.

Anyways, I won't react on the incidence. When things happen like these, it's the job of the politicians and diplomats. What are we paying them for?

One thing I can assure you...

THAIS and KHMERS ARE PEACE-LOVING PEOPLE.

And no overeacting media people, trigger-happy political cartoonists, nor non-Thai or non-Khmer "nosy arbitrators" can make us give in to what they wanted to see.

12 Comments:

Jake said...

And besides, ASEAN and UN Council is there to provide the venue. Hope someone up there does his job well. Nice post.

Anonymous said...

this blog post is very you, pisanu.

i wanted to hear more but your point made my curiosity unnecessary.

short, simple and sweet.

Anonymous said...

Can you at least feature "the" temple for info sake and what makes it very important to both countries?

Anonymous said...

Thais think they are superior to all nations in Indochina. This is how the Khmers, Laotians and the Burmese feel.

Anonymous said...

To anonymous. And how do you know that? Have you interviewed all of them? Is this how they feel or how YOU feel?

People like you who "nourish" hatred are the ones whould be sent to the minefields of Cambodia.

Anonymous said...

This is one of the few disputes in Southeast Asia taken to the International Court.

The IC decided it belongs to Cambodia and Thailand honored it. After a couple of decades, I don't think Thailand will dishonor the pact. There is simply no way.

This is a non-issue. I agree, the world media is blowing it to proportions.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of the IC... is this the same reason why Malaysia doesn't want to bring the Sabah issue to the International Court?

Anonymous said...

taga pinas ka ba anonymous? ano naman kinalaman nito sa sabah? naman naman!

Jerick said...

can khmers or thais enlighten me more about this issue?

based on the article i read just right now, it is a "disputed" parcel of land.

but i never really heard about it before, not like the spratlys or paracel or sabah.

i'll be relying on what pisanu said about not minding it since both nationalities involved are generally peace-loving.

Akhyari said...

i agree...media sometimes makes things really worse. SOmething beyond our control

pusangkalye said...

Yes, I also wanna know more about this temple in between wherever....PISANU made me feel like I am watching a suspense movie.......

Z said...

What`s the history of this temple?

Related Posts with Thumbnails